What's new

RP-AC68U setup advice please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Col8eral

Regular Contributor
I have just connected an RP-AC68U on my network. I connected it via an ethernet cable and set the repeater to AP mode.

Could I ask if I need to set the wires settings the same as for the main router i.e. the same control channels the same band width etc

I have set the SSIDs the same on RP as the router. Roaming assistant is enabled on the router. Does this also need to be enable on the RP?

Many thanks guys.

You should use a different channel for the AP, one that doesn't overlap with the router's.

You should use a different channel for the AP, one that doesn't overlap with the router's.
Thanks. I have since done that.

Not sure if the roaming assistant feature is working that well. I have set the threshold to -60db on both router and AP. Using the ASUS android app I see a device that has -82db signal and it's still in the router despite being right next to the AP.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!