What's new

RT-A86 running 388.1 lost Diversion, spdNerlin & FlexQoS after several power losses

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peanstein

New Around Here
I recently setup router ~2 weeks ago and had it working fine after tinkering with wifi tweaks. Today, I was redoing electrical wiring which required me to throw a few breakers multiple times, one being the one that powered my router.
When done, I realized my NordVPN was not connecting and had lost the custom config settings. I reset the VPN config and was good to go. I then realized the 3 scripts I had loaded were no longer visible in the admin menu.
FlexQoS, spdMerlin, Diversion are no longer visible in my menu's and am wondering how that happened?
I am not very familiar w/the differnt boot areas of the rounter (if it does have two) so may it have booted to a stock 388.1 boot?

I saved the router settings a few days ago so if I restore will I need to do a reset of router prior to restoring?

Thanks for any info you might have on why I lost my settings.

I'd do a hard reset and then restore your saved settings. If it doesn't work, then do a hard reset again and configure everything from scratch.

Your connected USB drive is probably the culprit. Check if its mounted and working.

I'd do a hard reset and then restore your saved settings. If it doesn't work, then do a hard reset again and configure everything from scratch.
Thanks. I did a hard reset and configured from scratch. Helped me get used to putty/amtm etc. and I was also unsure if I had initially done the swap file on my usb stick correct.

One question I do have is whether or not installing a swap file on my usb stick enables the Samba share by default as I saw it enabled. Is that required?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!