What's new

RT-AC1900 intermittent packet loss

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dlstyley

Occasional Visitor
I've been a long time user of Asuswrt-Merlin, and have been using the current equipment for about 3 years. I have recently upgraded from 386.2 to 386.2_6 to 386.3_2 and am seeing the same issues. I see intermittent packet loss between wireless router clients and both the router and external hosts. I haven't tried hard-wired (that requires moving equipment). It seems like it degrades over time and I see packet loss in both cases, then I reboot and see it only to the external hosts, but then it starts to happen just pinging the router.

The packet loss to external hosts appears to be on about a 130 second interval, but not exact. No idea if that is meaningful.

Suggestions?

Suggestions?

With this limited information provided - reset and start over. The model number is incomplete. No idea how it was setup initially and upgraded after. No one knows what is attached to and/or running on this router. I would check first RAM, NVRAM, what's running on background.

I had done a reset, but problem continued. Not sure what more goes into the model number. Anyway, it turned out to be an issue with line noise on coax between cable modem and street junction box. I have no idea why that would have created packet loss between wireless devices and the router, but it is now resolved.