What's new

RT-AC2900 / RT-AC86UC DUAL Network for VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Help create dual wan(wifi), one for won and one regular.

• Absolutely, do like this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will make Merlin developers fix it in this model

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

enfredde

New Around Here
hey, i'm not good at scripts and still trying to understand them. I want two wireless networks on my router (RT-AC2900). one with VPN and one regular (local IPS). can you help me convey this wish to the developers of merlin so that they incorporate a nice feature that does not require script. Other units have this support for it from ASUS.

in the meantime, maybe someone wants to link me to a guide that works stable for you on this model yourself (RT-86UC is the same firmware and hardwere, the AC2900 is just a bit newer)

If you install the latest stable version of Merlin's firmware on your AC86 you should be able to easily do what you want using policy based routing and perhaps some guest networks. In the most complicated scenario you might need to add the pre written script for enhanced guest networks using AMTM which is now built into Merlin's code.

If you install the latest stable version of Merlin's firmware on your AC86 you should be able to easily do what you want using policy based routing and perhaps some guest networks. In the most complicated scenario you might need to add the pre written script for enhanced guest networks using AMTM which is now built into Merlin's code.

I would like an easy option.
Two Wifi one regular and one with VPN. And it should be "easy" to change VPN server/country and turn it on/off. I don't think you're able to do that with policy?

And thanks for the answers :)

And it should be "easy" to change VPN server/country and turn it on/off.

You can definitely create two different SSIDs, one going through VPN, one going through WAN (using YazFi script, not that difficult), but there is no "easy" way to change settings with VPN client on a router. You'll have to log into the router's WebUI, change the settings there manually and restart the VPN. If you need to change VPN servers often end easy, better run the VPN client on the device.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!