What's new

RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you, I'm in the usa and I do not see this if I go to the asus website, but your link shows it, very weird?

No, not too weird. As RMerlin has stated many times, Asus is a huge corporation with many servers worldwide and it takes some time to sync them all. ;)

Is there any difference in the internals for hardware versions 2? Just curious. I have some minor bugs like lock ups and freezing that I'm not seeing others report. Mine is version 1

Is there any difference in the internals for hardware versions 2? Just curious. I have some minor bugs like lock ups and freezing that I'm not seeing others report. Mine is version 1

I have version 1 and do not see any lock ups or freezing. If there was, it would probably be FW related.
BTW the latest fw has been running stable for 12 hours now

Been running the latest ASUS firmware now for about a week, and happy to report, STABLE and no issues with 5ghz or 2.4ghz.

EDIT: Router page will constantly show Disconnected from internet, even though i am not. Only fix is to reboot the router

Last edited:
Hey All,

Any one test this router with gigabit internet? What speeds have you hit?

Thanks!

That model should easily be able to reach 940 Mbps, as I've seen benchmarks reaching that performance on its RT-AC88U twin.

That model should easily be able to reach 940 Mbps, as I've seen benchmarks reaching that performance on its RT-AC88U twin.

Perfect thanks Merlin for the reply. Also thank you so much for doing what you do. Just upgrading from an AC66 (always using your firmware) to this AC3100 mainly because I wanted to continue using your firmware.

Thank you!

I have this router along with gigabit internet and I consistently hit 940 Mbps up and down all the time. This router has lots of power and doesn't struggle at all on a gigabit connection.

Thanks! Just got it today and will work on it tonight.

Moving from AC66U (that will become an access point) - is a better way to copy my settings (ports and such, DNS and assigned ip's) to new router, or do I just screen cap all the screens and manually enter again?

Thanks!

Moving from AC66U (that will become an access point) - is a better way to copy my settings (ports and such, DNS and assigned ip's) to new router, or do I just screen cap all the screens and manually enter again?

Thanks!
I'm running Merlin's latest stable firmware. I'd say to prevent issues, I would just manually copy/enter your settings over from your old one into the new one. You never know if anything during the copy process may corrupt something in the new one.

Thanks!

Try using john9527's NVRAM Save/Restore utility with the appropriate switch (-m) to migrate to another router first. If there are any issues, you will still be able to do a full reset to factory defaults and have a text based (human readable) file of all your previous settings (at the very least. Without the hassle of screen captures or anything else as arduous as that. :)

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/

Is anyone in 2020 still using this? Is the performance still good? Im about to get one for $60 used...I just want it to reach my sons bedroom which a new Tplink AX1500 is not doing very well...thoughts?

Is anyone in 2020 still using this? Is the performance still good? Im about to get one for $60 used...I just want it to reach my sons bedroom which a new Tplink AX1500 is not doing very well...thoughts?

Take a look at this thread....

Thanks, that helped a lot and went got it. I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the 1 hour drive but it sure was. Signal and speed in my son's room have doubled. Looking great now and it came preloaded with Merlins software. The tplink ax1500 is going back to Walmart tomorrow.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!