What's new

RT-AC3200 running 384.3 OpenVpn client wont stay off

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WillNonya

New Around Here
I have an open VPN client set up on my router but in the interest of domestic bliss I turned it off as it disrupts some of the streaming services my family frequents. I turn it off and eventually it will turn itself back on. No router reboots etc.

Just going to the VPN section displays wonky behavior on the screen. The status tab isn't displaying the current status for the client or server and selecting any other tab on that screen takes a long time to load. When you switch the client to off the progress display appears but the flag stays enabled and displays green. Returning to the status tab shows the current status and I verify that the vpn connection is no longer active. Whether i disable all vpn services or just the client they return.

I'd rather not delete the configuration as I do use it but when i turn it off i'd like it to stay off like it did on my previous Merlin powered routers.

--The purpose of this post is to see whether there are any suggestions about how to sort it out and if not just to share it. This is my 3rd or 4th router running Merlin and my first issue.

Last edited:
I have an open VPN client set up on my router but in the interest of domestic bliss I turned it off as it disrupts some of the streaming services my family frequents. I turn it off and eventually it will turn itself back on. No router reboots etc.

Just going to the VPN section displays wonky behavior on the screen. The status tab isn't displaying the current status for the client or server and selecting any other tab on that screen takes a long time to load. When you switch the client to off the progress display appears but the flag stays enabled and displays green. Returning to the status tab shows the current status and I verify that the vpn connection is no longer active. Whether i disable all vpn services or just the client they return.

I'd rather not delete the configuration as I do use it but when i turn it off i'd like it to stay off like it did on my previous Merlin powered routers.

--The purpose of this post is to see whether there are any suggestions about how to sort it out and if not just to share it. This is my 3rd or 4th router running Merlin and my first issue.
Do you have start with WAN enabled by chance?

Do you have start with WAN enabled by chance?
Nope.

No changes to the VPN client screen matter. you can make the change, apply then see the results but the original value is still displayed on screen and it will revert to that status if left alone.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!