What's new

RT-AC53 reboot brings back wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

boelle

New Around Here
Hi

I just got an house where there where some airmax based internet along with a RT-AC53 router

great as that gave me "some" internet to start on, fiber optic install is ordered but no delivery date yet, the empty tube for the fiber is here but at the wrong place (maybe the crew is the 3 stooges ?)

anyways, while i wait for that to happen i have only one "funny" problem, sometimes my pc cant see the wifi, every other device can. a reboot fixes that. i have allready set the router to reboot at 4 in the morning

but is this something common? can asuswrt-merlin fix it? i have allready 3.0.0.4.380_10760 of the stock firmware installed

i'm pretty shure i saw it on the list, but i must have been blind then (happens)

EDIT: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Supported-Devices

but it was a mistake on my part, i searched for ac53 and did not notice it marked ac5300, a tad of difference :-D

oh well, i guess i'm stuck until the fiber is installed, but could also be fun to know what can cause wifi to be gone for one device and a reboot of the router fix's it

RT-AC53 is a MediaTek SoC router with 2x2 N + 1x1 AC radio. Your firmware version matches with this model, RT-AC53U is a different router.

Your current router may become a bottleneck for your new fiber Internet service. If you expect >200Mbps service and you have a few active media streaming or gaming clients on your network, you may want to look for newer and better router deals around holidays.

Your current router may become a bottleneck for your new fiber Internet service.
fibernet comes with it's own new router so no worries

if not i will get something like a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro

but any idea on what can cause one pc not to see the wifi and then a reboot of the router it can?

but any idea on what can cause one pc not to see the wifi and then a reboot of the router it can?

Usually the wireless adapter and its drivers on the PC. Update the drivers, remove and re-add the Wi-Fi connection.

if not i will get something like a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro

This is a wired router, part of UniFi ecosystem. You don't need this one. There is a big chance the ISP provided combo router is better than RT-AC53.

This is a wired router, part of UniFi ecosystem
yep, i plan to remove as much wifi as i can, now is only is only so i do have some connection to the internet

i have never liked wifi, dont know why but it has always sucked some way or the other

"remove as much wifi as i can" as i know i do need it for what cant be wired

Usually the wireless adapter and its drivers on the PC. Update the drivers, remove and re-add the Wi-Fi connection.

will try that, thou i think win11 do update them autoamtic

i have never liked wifi, dont know why but it has always sucked some way or the other

You may like the newer gen Wi-Fi better. It's much more stable and in some cases even faster than Gigabit wired. A new Wave 2 AC + AX capable wireless router is going to make night and day difference compared to your current router. You may even re-think your wired strategy.

will try that, thou i think win11 do update them autoamtic

Check with the hardware vendor. Windows update may not offer you the latest drivers available.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!