What's new

RT-AC5300 Airplay/Airprint Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jmikewarren

New Around Here
Hello,

Running Merlin 384.19

Airplay/Airprint functions properly right after a reboot (or wifi settings change). After an hour or so, Airplay/Airprint devices disappear from iPhones/iPads.

This router was recently upgraded from an RT-AC86u, which Airplay/Airprint worked properly on.

I used the RT-AC86u config file on the RT-AC5300 as well as Factory Defaulted the RT-AC5300 and configured from scratch, results are identical with devices disappearing from iOS devices after a short period of time.

I've tried

IGMP Snooping on and off
Adjusting the multicast rate from auto
Enabling/Disabling multicast routing (IGMP Proxy)
Enabling/Disabling efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping)

None of it makes a difference long term.

Any ideas?

I don’t know if this will help, but I had to turn off airtime fairness in the router settings under WiFi-professional tab and this helped. I did put IP address of printer in IOS when I added the printer if the IOS did not detected.

What type of printer are you connecting wireless? Also, is it 2ghz or 5ghz that you are using?

Might be it, might not...

But I’ve been struggling with your problems for years, AC66U and AC88U. Tried everything I thought would work, thinking mDNS / AVAHI might be the culprit.
Then the other day I’ve disabled all MU-MIMO and Beamforming, preamble to short, disabled airtime fairness. Not sure what really helped, but both AirPrint (Canon Pixma on 2.4) and Airplay (Apple TV 4 on 5GHz, old B&W Zeppelin speaker on 2.4 and Pioneer receiver on Ethernet) work flawlessly from 6 different Apple devices of all generations.

Keep it simple. Advanced wireless options when you have ONLY advanced wireless devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!