What's new

RT AC5300 and RT AC1900P Together as a Mesh Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Markboz

Regular Contributor
Hello All,

Wanted your input if these two play well as a AiMesh network system ? Wanting to use my RT AC5300 router as the main and then add the RT AC1900P as the second one. Will this work and if so what’s the best set up for this?

Thank you to all for your help

I am running aemesh with one rt ac5300 as the main router and two rt ac1900p units as mesh nodes. It works well for me. No major issues. I pretty much have run it with default settings. The nodes connect wirelessly to the main router.

I am running aemesh with one rt ac5300 as the main router and two rt ac1900p units as mesh nodes. It works well for me. No major issues. I pretty much have run it with default settings. The nodes connect wirelessly to the main router.

What are all of the advantages of having a AiMesh system?

Thank you very much for your help

For me, it is better wifi coverage throughout my house..... One ssid to connect to...... One point of router management, simplifying administration of the system. Downside for me is that, as of yet, guest network does not propagate to the nodes and can only be accessed from the main router. Because of that, I do not yet run a guest network.

For me, it is better wifi coverage throughout my house..... One ssid to connect to...... One point of router management, simplifying administration of the system. Downside for me is that, as of yet, guest network does not propagate to the nodes and can only be accessed from the main router. Because of that, I do not yet run a guest network.

What do you mean only one wi_fi band to connect to , and better wi-fi coverage?

Thank you

he said one SSID not one WiFi!

With Aimesh you have a single SSID on all devices and they use same channels too.
With more than one router a must be to have better coverage ...

There is not the great benefit of Aimesh at the moment (no guest WiFi), easier to configure.