What's new

RT-AC5300 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ROO2020

Regular Contributor
I use RT-AC5300 as my mesh/node connected to my GT-AX11000 as the main hub. Some reason I have not been alerted to new firmware updates for my RT-AC5300. My current version is
last 5 digits: 82072. I noticed there has been 3 updates, 2-3-21 41994 says beta version, 5-19-21 43129, 6-11-21 43576. First, how do you load updates to a node? Next, I assume you load each by the latest date, 2-3-21, then next date, etc. The one update that says it is a beta version, will that cause any problems? I know how to download the update from Asus website, but not sure how to load to the Node. Thanks for your help. I have emailed Asus over a week ago, and you can forget about calling.

If you connect to the Firmware Update page on your main router, there is a section for the nodes. It will automatically download and install it for you on all the nodes if you click on the check button on that page.

If you connect to the Firmware Update page on your main router, there is a section for the nodes. It will automatically download and install it for you on all the nodes if you click on the check button on that page.
Thanks. How do I update the three updates I am behind on? When I download and save to file how do you upload because the current new firmware is there waiting to be uploaded first.

Ok, I figured that out on how download to each node for update. Both Nodes have a Beta version firmware. Is it safe to go ahead and load those? Also, I have three new version per node that I will have to load. Do they need to be in order of the dates they came out?

Ok, I figured that out on how download to each node for update. Both Nodes have a Beta version firmware. Is it safe to go ahead and load those? Also, I have three new version per node that I will have to load. Do they need to be in order of the dates they came out?
I would stick to the stable versions, don't install the betas unless you want to test it.

Beta firmwares are for testing purposes and providing feedback to Asus.

Just install the latest version, you don't need to update it one by one or any type of order.

I would stick to the stable versions, don't install the betas unless you want to test it.

Beta firmwares are for testing purposes and providing feedback to Asus.

Just install the latest version, you don't need to update it one by one or any type of order.
Thank you for your response. Have a great weekend!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!