What's new

RT-AC5300 missing 5GHz-1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yanzup

New Around Here
I flashed the latest merlin into my RT-AC5300, maybe I did something wrong, the 5GHz-1 was gone.

The MAC address of 5GHz-1 is empty now.

I tried to set a MAC address with nvram set, then I can see the MAC address, but 5GHz-1 never up.

I tried to reset, I tried to change the SSID to 5GHz1 without dash, I tried to change it to none-AC mode, I tried to change channel, I tried 20/40/80Mhz, I tried to disable 2.4GHz and 5GHz-2, I tried to use the ASUS hard factory reset with WPS long pressing, I tried to flash back to official firmware, NOT WORKING :(

Something strange: when I disable 5GHz-1, the 5GHz-2 will have full speed in all channels, but if I enable 5GHz-1, the 5GHz-2 will be drop to 20Mhz.

Warranty expired, so any idea to fix it?

I flashed the latest merlin into my RT-AC5300, maybe I did something wrong, the 5GHz-1 was gone.

The MAC address of 5GHz-1 is empty now.

I tried to set a MAC address with nvram set, then I can see the MAC address, but 5GHz-1 never up.

I tried to reset, I tried to change the SSID to 5GHz1 without dash, I tried to change it to none-AC mode, I tried to change channel, I tried 20/40/80Mhz, I tried to disable 2.4GHz and 5GHz-2, I tried to use the ASUS hard factory reset with WPS long pressing, I tried to flash back to official firmware, NOT WORKING :(

Something strange: when I disable 5GHz-1, the 5GHz-2 will have full speed in all channels, but if I enable 5GHz-1, the 5GHz-2 will be drop to 20Mhz.

Warranty expired, so any idea to fix it?

Try this >> Firmware Recovery Tool

Have you gone to Wireless/Professional/and made sure that 5.1 is turned on. Had same issue and was headscratcher.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!