What's new

RT-AC5300/RT-AC3100 firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45717 (2019/05/13)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toor

Regular Contributor
Version 3.0.0.4.384.45717 2019/05/1341.41 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45717
Security Fix
- Fixed DDoS vulnerability.
- Fixed AiCloud vulnerability. Thanks for Matt Cundari's contribution.
- Fixed command injection vulnerability. Thanks for S1mba Lu's contribution.
- Fixed buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Javier Aguinaga's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-20334
- Fixed CVE-2018-20336
- Fixed null pointer issue. Thanks for CodeBreaker of STARLabs’ contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Resecurity International's contribution.

Bug Fix
- Fixed AiMesh LAN IP issue when router using IPv6 WAN.
- Fixed AIMesh connection issues.
- Fixed Network Map related issues.
- Fixed Download Master icon disappear issue.
- Fixed LAN PC cannot find router name in My Network Places when enabling Samba service.
- Fixed LAN LED not blinking problem.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 232487a51126099c96eeee8ed67c0dc0

@toor

May want to add the RT-AC3100 to the title as the 45717 firmware is available for manual DL (doesn't yet show for auto-update)!

Where do I manually download this as its not showing up in the check for updates?

Also after flashing the FW do I factory reset?

Version 3.0.0.4.384.45717 2019/05/1341.41 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45717

Just did a manual update, seems like it is working normally. Except that for TriBand RT-AC5300 ... it continues to be only DualBand from the user point of view since the last firmware update 6 months ago :(

Updated mine rt ac5300 node. Followed by a whole AiMesh system crash. Restarted all three routers, now back to normal again.

Just did a manual update, seems like it is working normally. Except that for TriBand RT-AC5300 ... it continues to be only DualBand from the user point of view since the last firmware update 6 months ago :(
Did you try factory resetting it? i have all 3 bands. Did you set it up to combine the two 5Ghz bands?

Did you try factory resetting it? i have all 3 bands. Did you set it up to combine the two 5Ghz bands?
Oh ... I am Configured to use ASUS AiMesh, where TriBand becomes DualBand, and the 5GHZ(2) Band becomes Hidden for Backhaul, even if I have Ethernet Backhaul connected. You get TriBand if running Standalone without AiMesh.

Oh ... I am Configured to use ASUS AiMesh, where TriBand becomes DualBand, and the 5GHZ(2) Band becomes Hidden for Backhaul, even if I have Ethernet Backhaul connected. You get TriBand if running Standalone without AiMesh.

I reset both my 5300's in my mesh setup. All seems well. The router in general seems more stable, my ping times have dropped a bit and I am in fact getting more of my advertised speeds from Spectrum. An additional note is my Wifi TX rate seems to have improved over what I normally get while sitting at my desk. I don't know if its a fluke or not. Especially since my Mac just came back from Apple today with new innards, everything replaced, except for the keyboard, battery and display. o_O

You also get Triband if running in Mesh and choose ethernet as priority, if I understand your statement correctly. Its been a bit since I thought about the 5g-2 channel. I set up my mesh last, after all wifi was up and running. I still see the warning on the network page about if you want to configure it.

Did I misunderstand? Its been a long day, so certainly is a possibility.

*Disclaimer: Its only been up for about 30 min..

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.50.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.55.30 PM.png

Last edited:
You also get Triband if running in Mesh and choose ethernet as priority, if I understand your statement correctly. Its been a bit since I thought about the 5g-2 channel. I set up my mesh last, after all wifi was up and running. I still see the warning on the network page about if you want to configure it.

Did I misunderstand? Its been a long day, so certainly is a possibility.
HuskyHerder,
What I said is with the current version of Firmware for RT-AC5300, from the user's point of view the Triband Router has been reduced to DualBand if it is configured in ASUS AiMesh setup, this happend since the last firmware update over 6 months ago. ASUS uses 5GHz(2) band for Backhaul, blindly whether I have Ethernet Backhaul or not.

The Triband is still there if it is NOT in AiMesh configuration. I am posting in response to toor in the earlier post, asking if I have factory reset my routers (I always do that as my SOP for new firmware updates).

I think, I follow, as I said long day... My setup is AImesh (2 - 5300's) and they are ethernet connected, and I am able to use all 3 bands.

I'll sleep on it and read it again, see if some shut eye helps.

I think, I follow, as I said long day... My setup is AImesh (2 - 5300's) and they are ethernet connected, and I am able to use all 3 bands.

I'll sleep on it and read it again, see if some shut eye helps.
HuskyHerder,
Sounds interesting, to help me compare
May I know how your AiMesh Routers and Nodes are connected? ... from you signature information
  • AiMesh Router (RT-AC5300)
    • ... Connected to AiMesh Node (RT-AC5300)
    • ... Connected to AiMesh Node (RT-AC68U)
  • Can you show me screenshot of your Smart Connect Rule (I only have one 2.4GHz and one 5.0GHz band):

Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 2.24.11 PM.png

• Can you show me screenshot of your Smart Connect Rule (I only have one 2.4GHz and one 5.0GHz band):
No need its identical to yours. :(

My setup. ( reconfigured my setup, removing nodes and so forth vs my previous setup ~ 6 months ago.)
  • Modem < ethernet> AiMesh Router (RT-AC5300) <ethernet> Connected to AiMesh Node (RT-AC5300)
  • My Switches run off the 5300 Router as a separate cable.
I think you have hit the nail on the proverbial head. I had not turned on SC, When it is turned on it is in fact DUAL band only. With the 2.4 and 5G-1 bands.
However my 5G-2 was not hidden like it was previously when I tried it 6 months or so ago. I am thinking maybe since I configured the 5g-2 band prior to enabling SC, that's why I did not see the hidden band this go around ?
I just enabled SC and watched my Mac fall over to the 5G-2 because the SC when enabled, used the original 2.4 channel name and not the 5G-1 name. I chose not to change it for my testing.

Think the old noggin here was reading a channel was outright not available, and you were talking about the seamless connection between all 3 if needed. *TRI band (thinks to self your a big dummy HH...:rolleyes:).

I apologize, clearly my issue. Though in my mind, the 5G-2 not being hidden this time, makes me think there maybe hope for the TRI band to return. Also thanks for the bop in the back off the head, with the screenshot question above it got the brain to thinking again. Clearly a few hours of sleep helped as well. :)

Last edited:
@HuskyHerder just for clarity, the RT-AC5300 is a Tri-Radio router. Not Tri-Band. There is still only 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. :)

Yeah you got me. Worked in my head and clearly not on the keyboard.

I understand the difference internally just did convey it externally. I get onto my kids about things like that. They’ll get a laugh knowing I did it today. Im so precise in my terminology they usually roll eyes at me. :cool:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!