RT-AC5300 Smart Connection Rules

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

raion969

Regular Contributor
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to know which smart connections do you use or is the standart better. I mostly do gaming and i what to Limit the other mobile Devices that i dont get bufferbloat/flotating ping.

JDB

Very Senior Member
Your Wi-fi settings won’t be affecting your bufferbloat etc. More likely you need to sort QOS out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raion969

Regular Contributor
@JDB but if a mobile devices uses network data it will generate a littlebit of ping/bufferbloat performance loss wtf ?? Wifi and lan are not 2 seperat connections

JDB

Very Senior Member
@JDB but if a mobile devices uses network data it will generate a littlebit of ping/bufferbloat performance loss wtf ?? Wifi and lan are not 2 seperat connections

Unless you’ve got 4-5 devices all hammering 500Mbps transfers at the same time, your Wi-fi is not adding significantly to your jitter/latency/bloat. The bottleneck is the WAN side, trust me!

raion969

Regular Contributor
is enabled load balance not so good ?

JDB

Very Senior Member
is enabled load balance not so good ?

No, as all it does is split the devices over the radios. You are better to separate devices by connection type (n/ac) than randomly spreading them around.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!