What's new

RT-AC5300 Version 3.0.0.4.384.81625 - 2020/03/17

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

haven't tried it yet, previous version gave me very high CPU loads

haven't tried it yet, previous version gave me very high CPU loads
Took a leap of faith and installed this firmware update despite having high CPU loads on the previous version.

It's been about a day, so far no high CPU loads :)

Took a leap of faith and installed this firmware update despite having high CPU loads on the previous version.

lucky you. i tried it and still had the cpu issue so switched over to merlin's 384.16_beta1, no issues there.

Guess I spoke too soon.

The new firmware on my AiMesh Router doesn’t have high CPU loads like before, but the other AC5300 which is an AiMesh Node has the high CPU load on [mtdblock3] (as seen on TOP).

I guess this is my push to try the Merlin firmware.

then you would need a factory reset and do setup manually from scratch.
I always do "factory reset from menu" and WPS button reset = full reset ...
2-3 days high CPU load and RT-AC86U node going Offline too..

install 3.0.0.4.384_81219-g786875a back and everything working fine again ...

so you exactly know whats wrong and stay with old firmware - maybe for long time.

Same story here. I recently installed the RT-AC5300 router. Installed app on phone and one of the first things the app asked me to do was upgrade the firmware of the router to 81625 (3.0.0.4.384_81625). Within a couple days, high CPU on both cores. I SSH into the router and run 'top' to see what's consuming the usage, [mtdblock3] is alternating cores and consuming about 40%. The next largest usage is /sbin/preinit (~4.5%). CPU usage is 58.% SYS, 19.7% IO (3.8% user, 12.3% idle, 2.9% sirq). Interestingly, also did a 'df -h' and saw that 100% of the root file system '/' is used. (all other file systems are 5% or less).

I tried a full "factory reset" which forced me to set it all up from scratch again (I did not use a saved config file). Good at first, but after a couple days, back to same high CPU usage

There are no USB thumb drives plugged into my router. Running in default Wireless Router mode. Running adaptive QOS, AiProtection is ON (Malicious, IPS, Infected device), Apps Analysis and Web history are OFF, Traffic Analyzer is ON, No Cloud apps in use (I have no USB plugged in), DDNS is active using a Lets Encrypt certificate, . Wifi is running with SmartConnect active, all channel selections in 'Auto'. A single Guest network on 5Ghz-1, DHCP server active but no manual assignments. WAN side is to a cable modem (DHCP), no dual-wan, no port triggers. NAT active, UPnP is active. Neither Alexa nor IFTT are linked. No IPv6. No VPN. Web access is enabled so I can use the app remotely.

I'm a skilled linux user of 20 yrs, but missing some of the usual tools I use to dig into the filesystem and see which processes are trying to read/write to file systems or devices. The base OS in this one is slimmed down so I haven't figured out where the services directory is so I can stop/start/restart some processes to see if any specific one is responsible.

So why didn’t this model get the QOS / Mobile Gaming updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Priorities? :)

has anybody tried the latest firmware ( Version 3.0.0.4.384.81844 2020/04/30 ) to see if it fixes the CPU issue?

On my rt-ac5300 I had to turn off ai protection to get the core down from 100%. After every different firmware update I would try ai protection and see if it got fix, been fine for the past few updates. But I’m on the latest Merlin firmware. Might want to disable ai protection and try.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!