What's new

RT-AC56U - 380.64_2 - Adaptive QoS Manual Bandwith Setting broken

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

majortom

Occasional Visitor
Hi all!

Today I installed Asuswrt-Merlin on my RT-AC56U. I made a factory reset and entered all of my settings manually.

Everthing seems to work fine except one thing:

I enabled QoS, adaptive QoS and set my bandwith setting to manual. I set my upload bandwith to 20 Mb and m download bandwith to 1 Mb according to my bandwith I have got from my ISP. (Yeah, that's not much)
With these setting I made a speedtest: Download 0.55 Mbps, upload 0.98 Mbps.
So, this is totall wrong. My internet speed is too low.

I tried the bandwith setting "automatic". I made again a speedtest. Now I get: Download 21.58 Mbps, upload 1.07 Mbps.

That's better. So, I will leave this setting to "automatic". But the far to low download rate with a manual setting seems to be a bug.

Manual rate is working fine for me. Make sure you didn't swap the upload and download values

Oh no... Now I embarrassed myself.
You are totally right.

*facepalm*

I am sorry for coming up with this.

There are a few things on the webui which seem to be backward. Might be a psychological thing, but for me my first reflex is to expect the download field to be first, like the OK button to be the leftmost when being proposed "OK" "Cancel". A lot of these are swapped out throughout the webui, and forces me to pause whenever having to click on one of these.