What's new

RT-AC56U Decompressing ... error 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ivanych

New Around Here
I've got a bricked router. UART gives on start:
Decompressing ... error 1.
CTR+C- does not do anything.
Any idea to alive device?

Thank you!

Welcome @Ivanych, you need to give some more information.

What firmware was installed on the RT-AC56U, what firmware were you trying to flash onto it? What method were you using to flash it?

The RT-AC56U is very hard to brick.

What have you tried since it 'bricked' to fix it?

It was no LED. Only power LED lights. All other worked.
What was installed I dont remember. I tried to install FW_RT_AC56U_300438251641.
Flashed from WEB Gui: Administration > Firmware Upgrade. Upgrade, reboot - nothing changed. Pause 10 min. Coold restart and brick. Tried press WPS, RESET and their combination with power ON.

Well, that certainly dampens the day.

Worse comes to worse, you can try the firmware restoration tool for this model; (pick your OS and look under utilities)

Try the following link for the information you need to flash your router.

What can't you get about it?

I cant get rescue mode via above link.
I know what you mean. On first opening the link, the website only partially opens. Give it a few minutes. Depending on how slow Asus is today, you will eventually be asked to select the OS that you are using. Once selected, it will be the first download (Utilities).

I just tried it. Took about a minute for Asus to catch up.

Hold "RESET" + "Power on" dosnt make rescue mode. Router cant boot at all.
Boot log from UART connector:
Decompressing ... error 1

I've used both variants. There is no RESCUE mOdE.
Is there any possibility to write firmware straight into flash via UART?

Holding the Reset button, having the power switch to 'on', but the router not plugged into the power adaptor for at least a couple of minutes, and then plugging in the power plug into the router (still holding the Reset button) and then waiting for 10 seconds before letting the Reset button go will/should put the router into Rescue Mode.

You may need to keep doing this until your timing is right. Don't give up after two tries. :)

Router cant boot to rescue mode at all. I suppose flash has been broken. Does anybody have fulldump?
Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!