What's new

RT-AC57U V3 issues with dongle E3372, not happening in other ASUS routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mahonni

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm trying to make a RT-AC57U V3 connect through Internet using the USB dongle E3372, but every time I connect it to the USB plug, the main ASUS page refreshes and it looks like it's connecting and disconnecting all the time. Also, system log repeatedly says:
hotplug: add net eth1
hotplug: remove net eth1
I know ASUS says this router is not compatible with this dongle, but I have that same model working perfectly in an older and cheaper RT-AC52U_B1, as well as in a RT-AC86U.

Do you know if this is an issue with this particular ASUS router? Could it be a malfunction of my router?

Thanks!

According to https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/README/blob/master/disable_autoswitch_on_new_models.md, looks like it's a problem with the dongle, trying to switch mode. I tried to run that:
echo "12d1:1f01:s" > /sys/module/usb_storage/parameters/quirks
And now I get in a loop:
May 5 07:25:14 hotplug: remove net eth1.
May 5 07:25:15 kernel: scsi 255:0:0:0: CD-ROM HUAWEI Mass Storage 2.3M PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
May 5 07:25:15 kernel: scsi 255:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 5
May 5 07:25:16 hotplug: add net eth1.
May 5 07:25:16 hotplug: set net eth1.
But, still it removes the dongle every time. Any idea?

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!