What's new

RT-AC66U B1 - VLAN setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Karel

New Around Here
Hello Everybody,

I have an issue with my router RT-AC66U B1. I have been changing IPS and they require VLAN tagging on WAN interface. I have tried to use GUI to set VLAN on WAN interface but there is no possibility to do it there (at least I do not find any configuration option).
I have found some information on forums that it is possible to set VLAN via CLI nevertheless I am an absolute beginner in Asus commands.
Please, can anybody help me, how to set up WAN interface to VLAN 848 which is required by IPS?

Many Thanks.

Karel

VLAN tagging is configured on LAN > IPTV (yes, it's illogical).

Set Select ISP Profile to Manual if your ISP is not listed.

Thank you for your tip. I have come across this configuration but I was not sure if it is also for WAN interface.
I attached PrintScreen from my router. Do you think that the highlighted option is what I need for the WAN interface?

Attachments

• IPTV.PNG
    IPTV.PNG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,432
Yes, "Internet" in that screen actually means "WAN port". So that's where you put your VLAN ID.

Thank you Colin, much appreciated.
So if they've requested me to have VLAN with an 101 id On, I should fill the VID section with 101 and leave PRIO set to 0?
Why is the provider asking for this?

Thank you for helping out.
As you said that's a very strange place to add that function :)
Best,

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!