What's new

RT-AC66U has exclamation ! flashing!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Transformed

Occasional Visitor
When i select it It shows word Bloom " The WAN is not the external IP External IP Based services will not work" Every thing seems to be working this came about since the last hardware upgrade which is the latest 3.0.0.4.380.4005 does anyone have an idea what it is talking about i went to asus's site read through FAQ and compared my settings but nothing stands out what it is even telling me.

Your RT-AC66U is probably as router behind another router, resulting in the RT-AC66U WAN IP address not being the external outside world Internet IP address.

That is correct i have a hughes.net modem which receives the primary signal from the satellite and this feeds signal to the RT-AC66U but it has been that way since day one and i did not get this like warning or error until this last router upgrade and it blinks all the time. but every thing works like it always has. Is there something i can do to tell it that is how it is suppose to be the set up should be the same as it always was. Is it a bug in the latest upgrade looking in the forms there is no one else having a problem with this. Just wondering about why it is behaving like this i am by no means knowing what i am doing on this any suggesting s appreciated and thanks for the reply Wouterv!

I have one of my setups that is similar with one Asus router behind another. It's not a big deal. The blinking is simply an optimization alert built into the latest firmware.

If you are concerned about optimizing performance you could try to set the hughes.net modem/router to bridge mode for the Asus router or add the Asus router IP address to the hughes.net modem/router's DMZ if those options are available in the hughes modem settings. If it's possible Hughes tech support might be able to help you with this. It wouldn't hurt ask them.

If it were my setup I would probably just leave it as is and ignore the blinking exclamation. Sometimes trying to force optimize a setup up that is already working good can cause more problems than it's solves and yields the opposite result.

Last edited:
I have one of my setups that is similar with one Asus router behind another. It's not a big deal. The blinking is simply an optimization alert built into the latest firmware.

If you are concerned about optimizing performance you could try to set the hughes.net modem/router to bridge mode for the Asus router or add the Asus router IP address to the hughes.net modem/router's DMZ if those options are available in the hughes modem settings. If it's possible Hughes tech support might be able to help you with this. It wouldn't hurt ask them.

If it were my setup I would probably just leave it as is and ignore the blinking exclamation. Sometimes trying to force optimize a setup up that is already working good can cause more problems than it's solves and yields the opposite result.
Thank you for the reply, i am going to ignore seems the easy way and every things working well just didn't understand why.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!