What's new

[RT-AC66u & RT-AC68u- Router / AP setup - LAN streaming issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jkstraw

New Around Here
Hi - I have hit a little bit of a wall in my troubleshooting.

I have my RT-68u acting as a WiFi router and my RT-66u in AP mode to extend the wifi range and provide switching capabilities in a family room with a WDTV Live.

Everything is working great - range is good, speeds are good, I can browse the directory structure of my NAS no problem - thumbnails of pics, album art, etc. get downloaded, I can stream Netflix etc. from the WDTV Live but when I try and stream any of my LAN based music of video I have run in to issues.

When initially troubleshooting I found that I had the DLNA server running on both ASUS devices, turned them off and everything was working. 24 hours later however everything has stopped again.

After going through a number of threads I am hoping some of the following information will help in clarifying my setup and potential issues.

• RT-ac68u is the main router. DHCP is setup with a limited scope
  • RT-ac66u is in AP mode
  • cat6 is wired between the RT-ac68u and RT-ac66u (LAN ports)
  • RT-ac66u has been given a static IP outside of the DHCP range I have specified in the RT-ac68u
  • On the RT-ac66u (in AP mode) I am getting my log filled with the: "kernel: eth1: received packet with own address as source address"
  • On the RT-ac68u I am getting some of the following log entries: kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address
  • I have setup the 2.4 and 5 Ghz SSIDs and authentication to be the same on both devices (different per frequency band though).
  • I have experienced no issues with WAN based streaming - netflix, net radio, youtube, etc.
  • I am able to browse my NAS file structure, can see thumbnails being loaded and rendered (this is a function of WDTV Live media center) but cannot play any content (I think the thumbnails, etc are coming from the WAN - whereas the media itself is based on my LAN)

My next troubleshooting step was going to be disabling the WiFi radios on the RT-ac68u to see if that resolved the issue - obviously not a final state I am after from a WiFi coverage perspective but it might help me narrow down the cause.

Anyway - if anyone can offer any insight or thoughts I'd certainly be very grateful.

Cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!