What's new

RT-AC68R on sale

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just saw it as well. Makes me wonder why are the trying unload them so fast. Something smells funny.

It is funny how different people have different experiences. This router has been awesome for me; great range and super fast, especially when paired with the PCE-AC68 (50-60MB/s). I would buy it again at full retail price.

It is funny how different people have different experiences. This router has been awesome for me; great range and super fast, especially when paired with the PCE-AC68 (50-60MB/s). I would buy it again at full retail price.

Same experience here. When paired with a PCE-AC68, it's amazing.

Sure the first few firmware revisions were troublesome but now solid on 583 and Merlin's 39.

Same experience here. When paired with a PCE-AC68, it's amazing.

Sure the first few firmware revisions were troublesome but now solid on 583 and Merlin's 39.

I agree. It's fast if you have equipment to match it, and the signals are strong. You have to make sure you have the latest F/W or use Merlin F/W. I bought one at BB at $209 a month ago, and this is a great deal.

It is funny how different people have different experiences.

Welcome to the wireless world. Not only you see conflicting reports on a specific model, but you will see the same thing for all manufacturers. A bunch of people will swear that Asus is junk and Netgear is amazing, and a significative amount of people will state the complete opposite.

Sometimes, it's just one particular client on your network that doesn't like a particular router. Sometimes it's about manufacturers (for example, the XBox 360 has a hard time dealing with many Broadcom-based routers, but will work fine with Ralink/Mediatek ones).

A big part of the equation involves how well the router will cooperate with your clients. Both ends of the link are important.

I think it is BB's reaction to Costco selling it for $159 regular price.

Then both are trying to unload their current stock. Either Asus is going to discontinue it or new revision is coming.

Edit.

Microcenter and newegg are selling them at $200.

Last edited:
Price bumped back up to $219.99

I have a feeling that it was priced @ $119.99 by MISTAKE.

Congrats to those who got it for $100 off.

Last edited:
I picked up 2 from BB all they had left .I checked online and stores every best buy within the state was sold out . If it was a mistake it was a costley one lord knows how many they sold at that price .

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!