What's new

RT-AC68U - 384.12 - 0 Clients in Network Map?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AztecPyramid

New Around Here
For some reason, I can't see any clients when I log into the admin page Network Map.

0 Clients. Firmware Version: 384.12

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Zero-Clients-RT-AC68U.png
    Zero-Clients-RT-AC68U.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 445
Do you have a real, genuine RT-AC68U? if not, please read the sticky posts in this forum.

@Striker317 , I did not read it. I wonder why it is that the ac1900 is not supported. Why the hate?
Because it is illegal. The router is not an Asus product despite the hardware. It was designed for the ISP specifically with no further support intended or promised.

The wording of the sticky posts says the TM-AC1900 is not supported, without mentioning illegality.

The illegal sticky refers to forks running on non-Asus hardware. Not sure if the TM-AC1900 technically falls in that camp. I assume it’s aimed at the NETGEAR Vortex crowd, primarily.

Either way, it’s a no-go on this forum.

That model is cheaper for a reason - it isn't covered by the licence for Trend Micro's engine. Running an unlicensed proprietary engine on it is the part that's illegal, and Asus have taken steps to prevent people from breaking the licensing agreement, by actively preventing flashing a non-authorized firmware.

That model is cheaper for a reason - it isn't covered by the licence for Trend Micro's engine. Running an unlicensed proprietary engine on it is the part that's illegal, and Asus have taken steps to prevent people from breaking the licensing agreement, by actively preventing flashing a non-authorized firmware.
Ahhh.. I see and understand now. I had the router second hand and didn't know that it was flashed so I updated the firmware. Any way for me to revert back to an earlier version by any chance? I thought I had a non-t-mobile one because I only looked in the config gui, not the actual router (someone on this site helped me identify the difference...and yup... )

Hello,

If anyone still has this issue, I just wanted to let everyone know that after all this time I fixed this by:

1. Backing up my configuration file
  2. Flashing the router with the latest ASUS firmware
  3. Restoring the router with the "initialize all the settings ..." flag checked.
  4. Flashing the router with the latest AsusWrt-Merlin version: 3.84.17
  5. Restoring my settings file

That did it for me. Now I am able to see all the connected devices once again and enjoying the full capabilities of this awesome Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. By the way, that is the only thing that broke for some reason. The rest of the functionality was intact, thank you,

Last edited:
Hello,

If anyone still has this issue, I just wanted to let everyone know that after all this time I fixed this by:

1. Backing up my configuration file
  2. Flashing the router with the latest ASUS firmware
  3. Restoring the router with the "initialize all the settings ..." flag checked.
  4. Flashing the router with the latest AsusWrt-Merlin version: 3.84.17
  5. Restoring my settings file

That did it for me, thank you,
I don't think anyone might answer you last post here, I am new here but try to answer to you if benefit you :) . Basically you if you restore the settings file from previous, sometimes later it will come back and haunt your router for sure. As being said, the TM-AC1900 is not supported by Asusrwt Merlin period. if you insist to do what you were trying to do, no one would stop you but no support I guess :)

My 2c!

How did you restore to stock firmware, with Asus FW restoration tool ? The reason I ask is because I uploaded stock firmware and it wouldn't upgrade, still stayed on Merline 384.18. Thanks !

I just updated it with the latest stock firmware by uploading the file. Nothing special.