What's new

RT-AC68U AiMesh blank Topology screen

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

synare

New Around Here
T-Mobile CellSpot converted to RT-AC68U with firmware 3.0.0.4.386_51665.

I've had no trouble using AiMesh with 6 other RT-AC68U's but a used one I recently picked up is showing a blank screen for the AiMesh->Topology tab and also can't be added as a node. It works fine when set put in wireless router mode, just not the AiMesh parts.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any non-obvious setting to enable AiMesh?

but a used one I recently picked up is showing a blank screen

It depends on how the router was converted. Not all the methods I've seen posted online achieve positive results.

Note RMerlin's recent post to that thread:
After discussing it with @thiggins, we agreed that at this point, considering this device has long been EOL, it was time to drop this rule. If people can find ways to avoid TM-AC1900 from ending up as e-waste, then it's a Good Thing, and as this is an 8 years old device, I doubt either T-Mobile or Asus would complain.

That being said, one thing stays unchanged: that device is NOT support by Asuswrt-Merlin, and anyone trying to get things to work on it is entirely on their own, as I won't waste my time (or the community's time) trying to help people figure out issues that are caused by Asus's undisclosed protection measures they might have in place.

I will be unsticking this thread inf a few days.

@synare, what troubleshooting steps have you tried? Have you tried performing a hard factory reset then a manual reconfiguration (do not upload a saved router cfg file)?

Solved:

A hard factory reset and then reloading 3.0.0.4_386_51665 still resulted in a blank Topology screen but it did encourage me to put more time into this and start from scratch.

I ended up putting the router in recovery mode, loading TM-AC1900_3.0.0.4_376_1703-g0ffdbba.trx to bring it back to T-Mobile form and then used the steps from lazymocha.com to first upload 3.0.0.4.376_3626, then added AiMesh with 3.0.0.4_386_40558, and then finally brought it up to date with 3.0.0.4_386_51665.

The device now shows the full Topology screen and also can be added as an AiMesh node.

Thanks for the help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!