What's new

RT-AC68U - Bricked/not?->can be fixed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blades

Occasional Visitor
Hi to all, I need some help to confirm if that rt-ac68u_e1 is dead or not, if not is there a way to get it up and running again;
It was sitting nicely on latest Asus-Merlin 384.something and everything was working fine until I got an idea to flash dd-wrt to check it out. I flashed Kong build succesfully through gui but there was no wireless (android was able to see the wireless but not to establish a connection).
So I decided to flash BrainSlayer build through gui to see maybe it was going better. That was the last time I could connect to gui 192.168.1.1.
I tried several things like holding reset while pluging to power and holding wps while powering up but nothing worked.
The situation now is
when I plug the routers power, power led comes up steady not blinking at all.
when I plug the power while keep pressing wps, power-led is blinking fast until I release wps button, then it remains steadily on
when I plug the power while keep pressing reset, power-led is blinking every second and keeps blinking with the same pace when I release reset button.

cable is connected to Ubuntu Lan and to the Asus Lan port. Ubuntu in any case will not get a "wired connected" but is trying.
/etc/network/interfaces file is the default with no static ip set

I have a spare ttl to usb cable in case it is needed to use it with screen package (tty)

What do you think it can be done; Thanx for your time in advance for any replies
G.

Well I was able to get it up again, what I did was to set static ip to my ubuntu
auto enp3s0
iface enp3s0 inet static
address 192.168.1.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
reboot
opened terminal pinging to 192.168.1.1
and then on the router I was pressing the reset button while pluging it to power.
To my surprise it was pinging then fast 192.168.1.1 to a browser and the cfe mini server was there, I uploaded asus-merlin 384.latest and voila!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!