What's new

RT-AC68U default language after reset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dj045

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AC68U that I think was meant for the Japanese market as the default language after resetting the router is Japanese.

I was previously able to fumble my way through the initial Japanese quick setup screens (using Google translate on my phone) to get to the admin panel where I can change the language to English quite easily from the top language menu (Japanese and English are the only options).

I was wondering, is there a way to permanently make the router default to English after a reset? Or a way to easily set it to English just to make getting to the admin screen easier, rather than having to fumble through the Japanese each time?

Having learned from my other posts that I will probably have to reset my router more often than I had bargained for after firmware upgrades, I am just looking for a way to make the process less painful.

I was wondering, is there a way to permanently make the router default to English after a reset? Or a way to easily set it to English just to make getting to the admin screen easier, rather than having to fumble through the Japanese each time?

No, there's no easy way to do this on the stock firmware, as this was hardcoded by Asus in the web server used by the firmware. The only way would be to modify the web files to replace the Japanese dict file with the English one.

No, there's no easy way to do this on the stock firmware, as this was hardcoded by Asus in the web server used by the firmware. The only way would be to modify the web files to replace the Japanese dict file with the English one.

What about a way to skip the quick setup screens to get straight to the admin pages?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!