What's new

RT-AC68U doesn't get Gigabit Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What router model you have decided to try first?

I don't rush it and keeping an eye out for the ax86u. A bunch of refurbished units were on sale recently in ASUS' online shop.

Don't buy refurbished units. They were refurbished for a reason. Some are only reset to default and come with issues. Open box is safer purchase.

Soooo… I swapped the ASUS back to the D-Link Covr 2200 with a node closer to my work place to see the difference and I'm getting ~600 Gbps in the same room with tue router and ~250 close to the node o_O

The speeds are about right for this type of “mesh” system. If it has AP mode, you can use your Asus as router only with Wi-Fi disabled. This way you get Asus options and extended Wi-Fi coverage. No extra spendings required.

The speeds are about right for this type of “mesh” system. If it has AP mode, you can use your Asus as router only with Wi-Fi disabled. This way you get Asus options and extended Wi-Fi coverage. No extra spendings required.
It does. The Covr doesn't allow me to set anything except for SSID and password and general channel width (for both bands at once) but I cannot configure for 2.4 or 5 GHz networks individually. So could I use the Asus router to set channels etc that are then used by the Covr in AP mode?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!