What's new

rt-ac68u lan issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gio3535

New Around Here
Merlin rt-ac68u new updates having issues or finding a way to increase my LAN speed. right now it is 100 Mbps.
wireless connection is 1gbps and it extra fast no complaints but my hard wired connections are all at 100 Mbps and slow. any ideas or settings adjustment ?
thanks , Gio

Merlin rt-ac68u new updates having issues or finding a way to increase my LAN speed. right now it is 100 Mbps.
wireless connection is 1gbps and it extra fast no complaints but my hard wired connections are all at 100 Mbps and slow. any ideas or settings adjustment ?
thanks , Gio

gio3535,

What firmware are you currently running? There are many 'new' RMerlin version updates available. From the experimental Alpha builds to the LTS fork by john9527.

Have you performed a full reset to factory defaults the last time you flashed a different firmware version on your RT-AC68U? Please have a look at the links in my signature below for more info.

Have you tried rebooting the router, and all the wired network clients?

How are you able to get 1Gbps speeds wirelessly with an RT-AC68U? :)

Throughput limited to 100 Mbps usually indicate a problem with your wiring where clients connect at 100 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps. Start by swapping Ethernet cables, also double check the link rate of connected clients.