What's new

Solved RT-AC68U - Merlin 386.1_beta4 - Time Scheduling doesn't work at all. FIX -> go back to 384.19

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RT-AC68User

New Around Here
Hi team,

First of all I would like to thank you @RMerlinDev for awesome piece of work and great alternative software for Asus routers!

Info:
I came from latest available stock ROM from Asus. I got through fluent upgrade and did factory reset.
NAT Acceleration is DISABLED

Problem description:
TIme Scheduling doesnt work at all in "Time" mode.
On stock ROM I havent had this issue. Now I cannot time schedule Internet lock on selected devices with time profile. When I choose "Time" setting it is ignored. When I choose "Disable" it works.

This is bad for me because I need to regulate Internet access for kids in specific time of the day.

Any help here really appreciated.

Best Regarads,
Jay

I did just register here to ask exactly about the same.

Running the latest 386-1_beta4 on my RT-AC68U plus 3 aimesh nodes for few days.

Today I have noticed the time restriction shedule doesn't work and my kids still have the Internet access during off hours. Even more, a device I have fully blocked (IP camera) can still access the Internet. I believe it didn't work from the start, I simply haven't checked it, fully trusting the GUI menu.

I did test with NAT Acceleration on and off, same with TrendMicro AI protect on and off - nothing helps.

Anyone has a solution, please?

I believe this has been reported in the Beta 4 and Merlin has stated that the issue is in the closed source from Asus. This should be reported to Asus. It is possible that Beta 5, when released, will fix it as Beta 5 will have updated GPLs from Asus.

Hey Jeffrey,

Thank for reply. Strange, because I didnt have any issues regarding this on Asus' latest stock ROM so i dont see a connection to Asus here but I may be wrong.

Thanks for feedback!

Any idea how far would we have to downgrade to get it working again?
It would save me from flashing every single beta, and possibly further, to check it :)

No, sorry. I don't use the feature. I just remember reading a blurb about it over in the beta4 thread.

For anyone on the same boat - I had to downgrade to 384.19 in order to get it to work.
Beta3 started to work with blocked devices, but the shedule part was still broken.

Hey Strud,

Thanks for sharing. I wanted to follow this way just to check but I see that this make sense. Thank you man!

BR
Jay

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!