What's new

FlexQoS RT-AC68U & Merlin & FlexQOS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yapur

New Around Here
Hi all,

was wondering if flexqos for my router is the best QOS for gaming on 50/20 internet. Wanting to reduce my latency as much as possible while having gaming as my priority.

If flex is the one to go what would your recommendations be?

Hi all,

was wondering if flexqos for my router is the best QOS for gaming on 50/20 internet. Wanting to reduce my latency as much as possible while having gaming as my priority.

If flex is the one to go what would your recommendations be?
I manually entered the settings for my game pubg mobile, as flex recommended, and turned off the nat accelerator and it worked fine. I think the accelerator is great if it works properly, otherwise it works for the opposing team, so I turn it off.

I found this idea based on the use of three Asus modem models in Pubg game, in more than ten seasons, but my connection is adsl and there is no need for hardware acceleration. With the research I did, the accelerator bypasses the ports, something that is needed in online games, when it turns on it creates something like losing packets.

gaming
work from home
others
web surfing
video and audio streaming
file transferring
learn from home

thats my recommendations for it under custom

gaming
work from home
others
web surfing
video and audio streaming
file transferring
learn from home

thats my recommendations for it under custom
@Vexira Thanks for the recommendation...any particular reason why you have web surfing on top of video/audio streaming?

I have a similar setup with exception of streaming ahead. Just wondering how your streaming does with your current setup.

Thanks again!

@Vexira Thanks for the recommendation...any particular reason why you have web surfing on top of video/audio streaming?

I have a similar setup with exception of streaming ahead. Just wondering how your streaming does with your current setup.

Thanks again!
Partly because I was following the old freshjr priority settings if remember correctly Dave said that learn form was a clone of existing categories, but it can be put above the file transfering, I put it that way because before if I remember correctly others has all the uncategorised traffic flowing into it I'm not sure if that's still the case with the newer versions of flex.

Also because some gaming traffic was re directed to it before but I haven't checked as of late if it's still the same it's just my safest bet.