What's new

RT-AC68U new firmware:3.0.0.4.380.4118

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trying to auto update in the firmware GUI and keeps failing saying can't connect to Asus server. I'm on the 68P in which I haven't used in months and just hooked it up a few minutes ago.
Does it give you the yellow Firmware Update exclamation sign and does it tell you an update is available?

Hmmm...I updated Friday morning (11/18) via the update function in the firmware, not the manual update. I'd downloaded the latest update binary but decided to use the automatic update function, and was surprised to get the later version. Interesting...
What firmware version did it offer and what firmware version was finally installed?

Does it give you the yellow Firmware Update exclamation sign and does it tell you an update is available?

Yes and it failed each time updating from there. I went to the firmware update page and had to uncheck Beta firmware so the auto update could find it. I finally installed it from there. Running great now with no issues to report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What firmware version did it offer and what firmware version was finally installed?
4118 for both. I was surprised because that version wasn't listed on the update page (http://www.asus.com/US/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/). The latest offered there is 3831 dated 9/8/16.

This morning I did a factory reset - after I entered all my stuff again (I did back up the configuration, but decided to enter everything manually instead of relying on a possibly corrupt backup) I had the same thing - it's retrying to pool.ntp.org every two minutes, and never getting the right time.

The other curious thing is that since the upgrade dual-WAN doesn't seem to work. I have a backup cell connection through an old Cradlepoint router, and that worked fine as a failover backup - now, no joy.

4118 for both. I was surprised because that version wasn't listed on the update page (http://www.asus.com/US/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/). The latest offered there is 3831 dated 9/8/16.

This morning I did a factory reset - after I entered all my stuff again (I did back up the configuration, but decided to enter everything manually instead of relying on a possibly corrupt backup) I had the same thing - it's retrying to pool.ntp.org every two minutes, and never getting the right time.

The other curious thing is that since the upgrade dual-WAN doesn't seem to work. I have a backup cell connection through an old Cradlepoint router, and that worked fine as a failover backup - now, no joy.
It was confirmed here that 4118 is not yet available from the support pages.
With regards to your time sync and dual-WAN issues I suggest to downgrade to 3831 again (revert to factory defaults and manual configure) to confirm it works again.

It was confirmed here that 4118 is not yet available from the support pages.
With regards to your time sync and dual-WAN issues I suggest to downgrade to 3831 again (revert to factory defaults and manual configure) to confirm it works again.
Roger that, wouterv. It's still a bit of a puzzle why the automatic upgrade would offer a version Asus hadn't formally released. I'd been running a year-old firmware version because a previous upgrade attempt went sour - when I saw they had a more recent update, I grabbed it. 3831 it is! I'll post the result here for everyone's edification...

Yep that blinking exclamation point is very annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, maxbraketorque and wouterv. Not sure where I go from here - since the issue started when I updated the firmware, I may have to factory reset the router and re-enter all my settings. I'll post the result...
I had a bug several months back where the router told me the internet was up but it wouldn't communicate. I reloaded all of the settings. No fix. I then reloaded the firmware and still no fix. I got out my ISP supplied router and it worked OK. So I definitely had an RT-AC68U problem and I was starting to think it may be hardware. I reloaded a previous level of firmware and it worked. I then reloaded the current level (3831 I think) and it all worked again.

My conclusion: the flash got partly corrupted but wouldn't update by reloading the same level of firmware. Opinions anyone?

I get the blinking exclamation mark too with this msg.: "The WAN IP is not the external IP. External IP-based services will not work." I have no idea what this mean, but I suspect it too be a firmware bug.

I get the blinking exclamation mark too with this msg.: "The WAN IP is not the external IP. External IP-based services will not work." I have no idea what this mean, but I suspect it too be a firmware bug.
You probably have the RT-AC68U setup as router while it is behind another router. Hence the WAN IP address of the RT-AC68U is not the outside world Internet address.
If that is the case, the RT-AC68U shall be set up as Access Point (Administration Tab).
Anyway I agree those Firmware and WAN IP exclamation signs are annoying.