What's new

[RT-AC68U] Not getting Gigabit with Realtek Lan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A little update for people who have any issues like mine. Ive actually gave up on the realteks and change those motherboards to intel and killer based lan a while back, and no surprise they ran fine on gigabit. I am also running merlin since tomato has sort of been abandoned.

That killer chip is a really old one, E2100, has never ending issues on windows 10. I finally also gave up on that killer chip and recently bought a pcie gigabit card that has a realtek chip since now they are really really cheap even where I live. And gigabit still doesn't work even with an addon realtek card. It was a good thing I didn't buy it back then when they were way more expensive.

Ive also acquired a cheap 5 port gigabit switch for my ever expanding number of devices, and funnily enough, that works. So in order to get gigabit speeds for the realtek pc, i had to put a switch in the middle. So yes, there is seriously something strange going on with between the asus router and that realtek chip model. the cheapo switch runs gigabit but not the back then and even now expensive asus router. If only i live in advanced countries like you guys then i can get proper customer support and refunds for my asus router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!