What's new

RT-AC68U, reboot with every settings change

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shl329

Occasional Visitor
Hi all

Is this really needed? Can rebooting after any little change be disabled? It's really annoying, even the old rubbish BT HomeHub could manage things like adding port forwards with rebooting and forcing everything to reconnect.

Got it yesterday and put Merlin straight on it, loving it, just finding this really annoying :(

Thanks
Michelle

Not unless Asus implements a change.

what is your internet connection, do you need HW Acceleration ?

The only things requiring a reboot would be port forwards (if you have HW acceleration enabled - this is something I believe Asus will be improving in a future release) or anything that causes HW acceleration to be disabled/enabled (such as enabling or disabling QoS). Anything else should only reboot the associated services.

The stock firmware appears to reboot or at least disconnect all connected devices when adding a DHCP reservation. I don't think all routers require this. In fact I saw a review by 'some guy' (sorry, forgot details) where he tested that specifically on several modern routers. Not all required this reboot.

Is the DHCP reservation system hardware accelerated on this router?

The stock firmware appears to reboot or at least disconnect all connected devices when adding a DHCP reservation. I don't think all routers require this. In fact I saw a review by 'some guy' (sorry, forgot details) where he tested that specifically on several modern routers. Not all required this reboot.

Is the DHCP reservation system hardware accelerated on this router?

DHCP reservations should not cause a reboot. Are you sure the router is actually rebooting, and not just restarting the network services? Check the uptime shown on the web interface.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!