What's new

RT-AC68U Sky UK settings HELP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

csaszykj

New Around Here
Hi there,

Just got hand on a RT-AC68U & I'd like to swap from the Sky (UK) provided SR-203.
Obviously the Merlin SW on it - the latest.
I've tried to setup as Wireless Router / PPPOE - but I can't make it to connect to the internet.
Does it need any kind of default settings to be changed to make it work with Sky?
( I've used a TP-Link before - on that one nothing needed to be changed - just enter the user&pass combination)
Attached a screenshot from the Syslog box.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

J.

Attachments

• asus.jpg
    asus.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 44
If your connection is via openreach there's a good chance you'll need a PPPoE login and password, which if not in the info pack you got from sky then they should be available via customer services.
Did you check the sky forum?

Yes via OpenReach.
I got the username & password, but seems to be not working for some reason.
That's why I opened this thread, maybe someone know's something about this one.
Reset Router - Choosed Router Mode - PPPOE connection, username & password typed in - then nothing happens.

Yes via OpenReach.
I got the username & password, but seems to be not working for some reason.
That's why I opened this thread, maybe someone know's something about this one.
Reset Router - Choosed Router Mode - PPPOE connection, username & password typed in - then nothing happens.
What about the vlanid? For my openreach connection it s not needed (different isp) but you need to check what's needed for sky.
I think if you use the QIS (quick installation wizard) it should set up the vlanid automatically.
May be best to wait for another sky customer. Good luck

I was hoping the same mate, hopefully another Sky costumer can help me out.
Btw used the Install Wizard to setup, nothing else has been changed by me.

Umm Sky UK uses MER and not PPPoE, you need to the WAN connection type to "Automatic IP" and in the "Client-identifier (Option 61):" settings> anything@skydsl|anything
That should get you going!

Umm Sky UK uses MER and not PPPoE, you need to the WAN connection type to "Automatic IP" and in the "Client-identifier (Option 61):" settings> anything@skydsl|anything
That should get you going!
It's not working with that.
the login which was working with my TP-Link:
user: abcdefgh@skydsl
password: 1234567890abcdef

There are a bunch of posts in the Sky Help Forum (if you haven't seen them already) about Asus routers and the Option 61. While many deal with AX series routers, its possible their suggestions may work for AC series routers. One example of a post over there and what they did:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadb...-with-FTTP/m-p/3654828/highlight/true#M243152

These are the steps I took;

On the WAN setup set the following:
- Connection Type - Automatic
- Client-Identifier (option 61) - 0123456789ab@skydsl|foo
I then followed this document to enable IPv6.
Saved the settings and shut down the router.
Removed the cable from port 4 on my Sky router, placed it in the WAN port of my Asus router and powered it on.
After a few moments the router received an IP address and the internet connection was active!
I've included a couple of screenshots for anyone else looking to configure an Asus router in the same way.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!