What's new

RT-AC68U Two-Way IPS hits stop, resume after pass change?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brixrac

New Around Here
Hello,

First, I should preface this by saying that I'm sort of new to this stuff so I apologize if I have some dumb questions :). I have the Asus RT-AC68U currently running stock's latest firmware. When they updated this router to show the two-way IPS hits under AI Protection, I was a bit alarmed but assumed that it was the router doing its job. However, a couple of weeks ago, the exploit "hits" just completely stopped, which I thought was even more odd and alarming (could this mean they were able to access my router successfully?).. anyway, the other day I logged in and changed the router's password (which I change pretty often, and always use really strong passwords and I've changed all the defaults, turned off web access, ftp etc)... and what do you know, the hits started up again. What does this mean, and does that mean my router was accessed previously when the hits stopped coming or am I just being paranoid? haha) Thanks so much for your time!

Your web access should be off by default but there were reports a while back that the Asus router apps, Android and iOS, would turn web access on. Turning off UPNP and WPS is a good idea. Changing passwords often on the router? Overkill. I have noticed attacks run in cycles. My router has logged over a dozen this weekend. The internet is not a safe place Frodo. Step the other side of your firewall and no telling the bugs you will get... good thing you have an Asus!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!