What's new

RT-AC68U Version 3.0.0.4.380.3831

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skypx

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831
Security Fixed
- Fixed XSS issue in WDS page. Special thanks for Jamie's contribution.
- Fixed LPR buffer overflow issue. Special thanks for GeekPwn contribution.
- Remoted DHCP information disclosure.

Bug Fixed
- Fixed smart sync GUI issue.
- Fixed reboot issue when using repeater mode.

Modifications
- Added bluetooth coexistence option in wireless--> professional.
Bluetooth audio transmission(A2DP) near router would interfere 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, enabling bluetooth coexistence can reduce the speed drop.
Known issue: Enabling this option would also reduce 2.4G maximum throughput a little, so the default value is disable.
- Modified failback behavior when only turn on dual wan failover.
- Modified the firmware upgrade page.
After upgraded to this version, user can see the newer firmware release note in the GUI and unnecessary to go to support site.

Download: Click Here

i hope this release fix this?
"The Network Cable is unplugged"
If not , im stuck to 380.59 and this router will go into Media bridge and ill buy somthing else than asus ;)

i hope this release fix this?
"The Network Cable is unplugged"
If not , im stuck to 380.59 and this router will go into Media bridge and ill buy somthing else than asus ;)

I have never seen that message with mine with any firmware.

found out that MD5 hash is now applied from ZIP file, not from TRX file per usual.

In this version ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264 they write:

"ASUS has been dedicated to cooperate with third party developers to come up with more innovative features.
This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware."

Is that fixed in this version off FW ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831, is this FW compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware?

My understanding is that with 3.0.0.4.380.3831 you can only go back to 3.0.0.4.380.3264 or Merlin's 380.60beta but nothing earlier than that, at least through the GUI.

Just wondering: can the 2.4 GHz "b/g protection" box be unchecked in the this RT-AC68 version?
See here:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-n66u-firmware-3-0-0-4-380-3831.33528/#post-269732

mine can't be unchecked too.
bgprotection.png

My understanding is that with 3.0.0.4.380.3831 you can only go back to 3.0.0.4.380.3264 or Merlin's 380.60beta but nothing earlier than that, at least through the GUI.
That is correct. It wasn't a "bug" in the previous but a new design. Once on the 380.xxx builds they have a new authentication model to not allow firmware previous to 380.xxx to be installed. Going forward you can go back to previous 380 builds but not for example to 378.xxx or 374.xxx builds.

That is good news! It would be bad if someone had an issue with an upgrade and couldn't go back.:)

That is correct. It wasn't a "bug" in the previous but a new design. Once on the 380.xxx builds they have a new authentication model to not allow firmware previous to 380.xxx to be installed. Going forward you can go back to previous 380 builds but not for example to 378.xxx or 374.xxx builds.

You can go back if you know how to use the recovery tool or CFE mini web server.

You can go back if you know how to use the recovery tool or CFE mini web server.
Even with the latest (380.3831)? I know you could with the previous 380 build.

What is with the Reapetermode in this Version. Is he working or make it problems?

Have you tried my suggestions in the other thread?

I have no time to test your suggestions now. But in 2 weeks i have holiday an then i will test it. It was only a question what Firmware i will take for testing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!