What's new

RT-AC86U .20287?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mogulman

Regular Contributor
Is this firmware available somewhere for the 86? Or coming soon? I updated my node but my main is still in the older version.

I'm wondering the same, my 66U_B1 got the update over the weekend which from other reports suggests it allows that model to become an AiMesh node, but because my AC86 is still on 10007 if I try and add the 66U_B1 it detects it but then fails, presumably because it also needs the updated firmware to manage the 66U.

It seem that they forgot to upload ...

(updated ac68u and mash sill working) .. with old "main" firmware od 86u

I think your combo of AC68 and AC86 will work because the 10007 firmware supported both those models so the AC86 will still see/manage the AC68 OK, whereas the AC66U-B1 I have was waiting for the new firmware because AiMesh on the original firmware didn't allow it to be detected.

There's a chap on another thread who's been able to add his 66U-B1 as an AiMesh node to his AC88 (which got the new firmware as well) since the latest firmware was released so I'm reasonably confident of the fix, but with my AC86U still on 10007 it still doesn't work even though the 66U-B1 is updated presumably because the AC86U also needs updating.

Just out of interest, once in AiMesh mode can you still connect to the admin console of the AC68 or does it fall under the control of the AC86? If you can connect, is the firmware still 20287 or has joining the mesh pushed it back to 10007?

Just out of interest, once in AiMesh mode can you still connect to the admin console of the AC68 or does it fall under the control of the AC86? If you can connect, is the firmware still 20287 or has joining the mesh pushed it back to 10007?

I removed my RT-AC1900P with newer firmware. Reset it. Tried to add it back to my RT-AC86u. Failed a few times, but after the 3rd or 4th time, I got it working. From the RT-AC-86u you can see the firmware version of the main and the nodes. If you try logging into the node, it brings you back to the main router, so I don't think its possible to login directly to the node.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of the AC-1600P, is that another that didn't work prior to the 20287 firmware? I did try my 66u-B1 about 3 times, each time it would detect it and go through the initialization process but when it got to the end I got this
cgIgTqt.png

Ah OK that makes more sense :)

That's another model on the officially supported list with 10007 so probably should work with either fw version. I believe the issue for me is AiMesh is broken on the 66U-B1 with 10007 and as the 86U has to manage any connected AiMesh nodes, I'm guessing its firmware also needs to be uplifted to properly support the 66U.

Had someone ask asus support if they forgot to upload firmware for rt86U ? :) I don't have my device serial number handy :/

According some reason, we are still working on it.....
Thanks Arthur, can you confirm if I do indeed need 20287 (or higher) on the AC86U to get my AC66U-B1 to work with it in AiMesh mode, even though the 66U itself currently has 20287?

Thanks Arthur, can you confirm if I do indeed need 20287 (or higher) on the AC86U to get my AC66U-B1 to work with it in AiMesh mode, even though the 66U itself currently has 20287?

According to some improvement is for all Models, i suggest to use newest version in each model.

Looks like it's finally out. It's not showing on the web site but the router notified me and was able to install it.

3.0.0.4.384_20308-gead790e

X2OsqgEIQmCOooB0hBVE-w.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!