What's new

RT-AC86U Beamforming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abax2000

Occasional Visitor
When inspecting the beacon frames from RT-AC86U, MU Beamforming is reported as "not supported".
Although the relevant settings in web ui are at "enabled".
1610690130699.png

Can anyone crosscheck what is the status with their own 86U?
Do I miss some other settings needed?

What are your test parameters and what device, and program are you using to test with?

bump...

Any idea if beamforming is really working in 86U?
Any known "hidden" settings or dependencies?

Any input on this please?

I would leave the default settings (except disable the proprietary Universal Beamforming that can degrade some client adapters/connections) and forget about it.

OE

Settings are "standard" (i.e. what is usually advised in this site).
But MU-MIMO does not seem to work.
And I am trying to understand if this is the case with everybody else (in which case something is wrong with the device/firmware), or some settings are wrong at my end.

Settings are "standard" (i.e. what is usually advised in this site).
But MU-MIMO does not seem to work.
And I am trying to understand if this is the case with everybody else (in which case something is wrong with the device/firmware), or some settings are wrong at my end.

MU-MIMO seemed to be working based on my testing results a few years ago.

Packet sniffed beacons say 'not supported" (for both HT and VHT). And there are no NDP announcements flying around as it would be expected.
It would be great if some fellow user could cross-check some at his network.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!