What's new

RT-AC86U Client List not updating

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BloodyGoodBloke

Occasional Visitor
Hi all.

A while back I had an issue with Upgrading to the latest merlin firmware and ended up just scrapping all my config upgrading and starting from scratch.
Good idea at the time as there had been legacy rubbish on there such as DHCP reservations from equipment long gone.

Today I put on a PI that had been lying about and I knew it would get a new IP but when I went into the client list to see what IP it got I couldn't find it. I had to put the PI on a monitor and found its IP but it's still not showing on the Router Client List even after a couple of hours.

on further investigation, the client list doesn't look like it's updated from the day I changed the Firmware. A few new smart items have not shown up and my new laptop isnt showing up.

Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?

Firmware 386.7_2

The AC86U is now notorious for having some built in services hang during execution. Try to run killall asusdiscovery over SSH and see if it helps.

The AC86U is now notorious for having some built in services hang during execution. Try to run killall asusdiscovery over SSH and see if it helps.
So, just out of curiosity, doesn't a reboot kill these? Or do they just rehang on restart?

I've seen all Web History, Traffic Analyzer and Client List freeze on AC86U. Reboot fixes it temporary. May go well for a week or two. It depends on what the router is doing normally. I found Web History frozen on AX86U as well on Asuswrt 388_20566 after about a week and the router was doing nothing.

So, just out of curiosity, doesn't a reboot kill these? Or do they just rehang on restart?
They can hang again at any time. We dug into this a few months ago:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!