What's new

RT-AC86U client list outdated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jorgemarmo

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I'm running a RT-AC86U with stock asus firmware 3.0.0.4.386_40451.
The client lists is outdated, is showing me many devices wired and wireless that are actually not connected (they were)
If I reboot the router, it will get the proper list but if I check in a couple of days, the list will be outdated.
This is annoying... elsewhere it seems to be working fine.

1) I wonder if this is s known problem or if Merlin firmware could solve this?
2) I'm using a pihole as DNS server, and I configured it to pass the devices name into the router, so I see their "device name" instead of the MAC, could this be the problem?

similar threads I read, but not actually helping...

Hi, I'm running a RT-AC86U with stock asus firmware 3.0.0.4.386_40451.
The client lists is outdated, is showing me many devices wired and wireless that are actually not connected (they were)
If I reboot the router, it will get the proper list but if I check in a couple of days, the list will be outdated.
This is annoying... elsewhere it seems to be working fine.

1) I wonder if this is s known problem or if Merlin firmware could solve this?
2) I'm using a pihole as DNS server, and I configured it to pass the devices name into the router, so I see their "device name" instead of the MAC, could this be the problem?