What's new

RT-AC86U new firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44470-g53bccb8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

venture996

Occasional Visitor
My router prompted me to install the firmware update in the title. Not ready to take a gamble, as the current firmware has been solid. Also, I can't see it on the support web site to learn what is in included in the update. Anyone give it a whirl yet?

On the support page, for the "Please select OS" drop down menu, select Others from the bottom of the list instead of selecting Windows 10 64-bit. Here's the displayed results:

Windows 10 64-bit: Version 3.0.0.4.386.42643 2021/04/28

Others: Version 3.0.0.4.386.44470 2021/07/14

On another note, how do you space data out in a post since the board software strips out multiple sequential spaces?

Code:
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_44470
- Release Note - 

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

- Improved system stability.
 - Added IPv6+ in WAN-> Internet Connection.
 - Added Auto firmware upgrade in Administration-->Firwmare Upgrade
 - Fixed envrams exposed issue. 
   Thanks for Quentin Kaiser from IoT Inspector Research Lab contribution.

I took the gamble (I use the 86U as an AiMesh node), dirty flashed, rebooted, no hard reset, seems to be working properly so far.

86u.png

Was that thing available before, password strength indicator in Wireless, General?

Untitled_40.jpg

What's still missing is External IP in WAN, DDNS. Some folks have no option for modem Bridge Mode.

Working OK for me.
Anyone know if the Auto Firmware Upgrade will do the nodes if the AC86U is the router? I know that the AC68U and AC66U_B1 (my nodes) firmware has the auto upgrade but I do not think there is an option in AiMesh for that feature.

Did they fix the node's 2.4 wifi channel not syncing with the main router?

Ok, for those that are interested, I have just completed a total refresh/manual rebuild, using this new firmware and I can confirm, that the 2.4 Ghz problem with the nodes (86U), being stuck on channel 1, has been fixed. I have also tried manually changing the 2.4Ghz band channels and the nodes are indeed now syncing with the Main. Even with a AiMesh reboot the node channels are syncing to the Main router.

Last edited:
WebUI upgrade of 2xAC86U to 44470 completed ok here. Will run it dirty for now.

Previous release 42643 seemed to have an occasional WiFi client connectivity issue on either node, dirty and clean (TuneIn streaming would stop; client would 'lose Internet'; toggling client WiFi OFF/ON would recover connectivity). I was about to downgrade to further confirm isolate this issue, but will now look for "Improved system stability." with 44470.

OE

I am using RT-AC5300 as my main router and 2 RT-AC84U(s) as mesh nodes.

1626368931057.png

The RT-AC5300 is running 3.0.0.4.386_43576-g649d261. After updating both RT-AC86U routers to this latest firmware via the firmware update page, the two RT-AC84U mesh nodes did not reconnect to the RT-AC5300. Rebooting the nodes did not help. I had to do a full reset on the RT-AC86U nodes and re-add them back to the mesh. Afterward, things appear to be stable.

Did they fix the node's 2.4 wifi channel not syncing with the main router?
After the firmware update, I did notice that at least one node connected to the main router at 2.4, however, after a little bit changed to 5.0. Right now, all nodes are connected via 5.0.

1626369436465.png

I am using RT-AC5300 as my main router and 2 RT-AC84U(s) as mesh nodes.

View attachment 35007

The RT-AC5300 is running 3.0.0.4.386_43576-g649d261. After updating both RT-AC86U routers to this latest firmware via the firmware update page, the two RT-AC84U mesh nodes did not reconnect to the RT-AC5300. Rebooting the nodes did not help. I had to do a full reset on the RT-AC86U nodes and re-add them back to the mesh. Afterward, things appear to be stable.

Same for me, I had to remove the node (reset to factory) and add it again.

Updated for the first time using the app while I was outside the house. It's been 24 hours now and everything seems fine.
The node's 2.4 syncing issue was fixed.
Roaming is working.
No WiFi drops
Guest network 1 is working

So far so good.

Updated for the first time using the app while I was outside the house. It's been 24 hours now and everything seems fine.
The node's 2.4 syncing issue was fixed.
Roaming is working.
No WiFi drops
Guest network 1 is working

So far so good.
. . . by no means a big deal, but guest 1 started working for me in the previous release.
what's disappointing is the latest expressvpn update with when using their "smart" node which is in atl. and no, it has nothing to do with asus, but can be very slow at times. so i "dummmy-down" and just use a different hub.

yesterday I had a problem that I never had: the 5ghz network disappeared from my node (ax55), but was still present in the main ac86u. After a reboot, everything was ok but never seen this. The 2.4ghz and guest network interface were online.

Since upgrading, my signal strength is significantly lower farther from the router. I'd like to flash the last firmware back to the router; does anyone know if that's possible without a reset and reconfigure?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!