What's new

RT-AC86U new firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44470-g53bccb8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One week now using this firmware on a dirty upgrade and it's been working fine. Even the device list is working better than ever.

after a few days i can tell that this fw is not stable for my mesh sytem. 2,4GHz connection between mesh router and node is not stable. In system log i have many many lines
Code:
Jul 26 18:42:26 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(527): eth5: Auth xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:41, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Jul 26 18:42:26 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(556): eth5: Assoc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:41, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Jul 26 18:42:34 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth5: Deauth_ind xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:41, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0

On the previous fw everything was ok. The same bugs keep coming back from very old versions, what a crap.

Traffic Analyzer stopped working after Signature 2.240 update few days ago. The router had to be rebooted. I have currently 2 routers up and running on latest available Asuswrt - RT-AC86U and RT-AC1900P. AC86U is faster, but requires attention. AC1900P is slower, but keeps going and going.

I manually upgraded from the previous fw to this new fw because the new firmware checker could not connect to ASUS servers. After upgrading, the OpenVPN auth failed for all users. To fix this problem I had to remove and re-add every OpenVPN account.

Friday I updated the Ac86u with the new fw and rebooted the node (from Ac86u mesh interface) and it now seems to be working fine. I’ll need more testing to be sure, but it seems to be ok (cross fingers)
quoting myself but just an update. after the node reboot, it seems that everything is working fine. I may have been a bit dumb and assumed that when asking for a reboot in the main, both the node and main would reboot. It does not seem to be the case and only the main seems to reboot. After specifically rebooting the node via the gui, it seems everything is fine. I could have saved all the hassle and just power cycle the devices... Oh well, live and learn.

updated to this version but cant connect to update server now for checking for updates, i seen someone else mention it.

The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. Please download the latest firmware from ASUS Product Support Site and do manually upgrade. FAQ

also the high temps are still showing in my log with cpus shutting down. this was a clean install and reconfigured settings. (logs sent in through gui)

also the high temps are still showing in my log with cpus shutting down.

This is a common AC86U issue, hardware related. Use a small fan to cool it down. Why it happens and possible solutions here:

The newest firmware (3.0.0.4.386.43588) has bugs. I have RT-AX82U and it restarts randomly once per day ever since I updated to the newest firmware. I even did Factory reset after updating it, but nothing helps. Hope ASUS will release a fix soon. I am very much disappointed, and I really wonder do those guys even run tests of new firmware before they release it to public? :D

When a new firmware is uploaded by Asus, nice folks around create a corresponding thread. At least for more popular router models. All routers run Asuswrt, but the software is actually different. Some use 32-bit kernels, others 64-bit, there is difference in options supported, drivers, etc. What you see on your AX82U happening may be router model specific. Yes, Asus runs new firmware tests, but the World is not perfect. :)

This is a common AC86U issue, hardware related. Use a small fan to cool it down. Why it happens and possible solutions here:

My log was clean untill i upgraded to the version that started with the high temp issue a couple firmwares back.

Gonna go out and buy the ax86 - when that is setup im gonna try putting the latest 384 version on for testing (i think the temp issue started in 386)

edit
i did read those posts, i knew about them. i knew about the problem. but it cant work right on a previous firmware but then apeer to be on flames in the new firmware.

but it cant work right on a previous firmware but then apeer to be on flames in the new firmware.

Inefficient cooling solution causes CPU throttling after relatively small temperature increase. Even on 384 firmware this router won't survive ambient temperature of 40C. Instead of downgrading the firmware, just add some forced air circulation. It solves the problem.

I've had issues with this latest firmware on my AC86U not blocking internet access to certain devices. I had to roll back to Version 3.0.0.4.386.42643 which immediately fixed the issue so it's clearly a bug - has anyone has experienced this?

Inefficient cooling solution causes CPU throttling after relatively small temperature increase. Even on 384 firmware this router won't survive ambient temperature of 40C. Instead of downgrading the firmware, just add some forced air circulation. It solves the problem.

no longer an issue s ive replaced the router with an ax86.

hopefully that lasts another 4-5 years without an issue.

I've had issues with this latest firmware on my AC86U not blocking internet access to certain devices. I had to roll back to Version 3.0.0.4.386.42643 which immediately fixed the issue so it's clearly a bug - has anyone has experienced this?
New here but follow these firmware updates. So yes I am also experiencing this same problem. Blocked a laptop on the list and still is able to watch youtube and browse some sites. Guess I'll rollback

Blocked a laptop on the list and still is able to watch youtube and browse some sites.

Enable Traditional QoS (disables NAT acceleration) and try again. The limitation - the router can process up to 350Mbps WAN-LAN traffic with no NAT acceleration.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!