What's new

RT-AC86U - No NAT Acceleration?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

route1

New Around Here
Hi! I recently bought an RT-AC86U and flashed it with Merlin 386.1. I'm loving it so far, but I'm having issues getting the Parental Controls working. Time scheduling is basically not working.

For example, I tried blocking my phone to test it. My phone showed that I needed to "sign into the network" to continue, and when I clicked on "sign in", it brought me to a page stating that my internet access had been blocked by the router. However, I tried just switching to the YouTube application on my phone, and that loaded, so obviously the connection was not truly disabled (my phone's data was turned off as well).

To test with another device, I blocked my Xbox One. The Xbox showed that it could not connect to Xbox Live services, but YouTube and Netflix loaded with no issues.

I read that this could be due to NAT Acceleration being turned on, but I do not seem to have that setting under LAN > Switch Control. The only settings I have there are "Jumbo Frame" and "Spanning-Tree Protocol". Is NAT Acceleration not an option on the RT-AC86U? Is there anything else that could be causing Parental Controls to fail?

Thanks!

It’s not working correctly in 386.1, but is already fixed in 386.2 alpha 1.

It’s not working correctly in 386.1, but is already fixed in 386.2 alpha 1.
That sounds like it could even be related to the issue I'm currently having. Does it have to do with DNS problems?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!