What's new

RT-AC86U Throttling when Torrenting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StavrosWTF

Occasional Visitor
So here is the issue. Every time I try torrenting anything for 2-3 hours, my wifi throttles to a point where I go from 50mbbps to 10mbpps download. I need to reboot it every time to fix the issue. Can somebody help me with this?
I am using stock Asus, although it happens on Asus Merlin as well.

Is this your ISP doing the throttling? With a reboot seeing it as the torrenting stopped (on their end)?

Is this your ISP doing the throttling? With a reboot seeing it as the torrenting stopped (on their end)?
I am not sure about that. If that would be the case, what could I do to stop the throttling without adding a VPN? I would rather not add a DNS as well since I want to do it per device (so that I am able to change rules accordingly).

Use a VPN on the client that has the torrent client. Do not use the router to torrent especially if it is questionable rights files you are getting. Also use a VPN client with a kill switch.

Use a VPN on the client that has the torrent client. Do not use the router to torrent especially if it is questionable rights files you are getting. Also use a VPN client with a kill switch.
Ok I will try doing that and report back. Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!