What's new

RT- AC86U webdav samba server not working with user access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daniel1982

New Around Here
Hello,

Does anyone encounter this problem with ASUS RT-AC86U ?
Problem is the same in both Merlin software and original one.

If I let the "Allow guest login" open, everything is ok. I can map the drive on windows 11/10 pc without any problem.
If I close "Allow guest login" to be able to have users with different access folders, then windows pc is seeing the network drive but is not passing through user logon window. I receive user logon window, I'am inserting user and password that I have created on router but is not connecting.
I have added some picture that can show you more info.
If you have some experience in this problem please help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-24 171923.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 171923.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot 2023-01-24 172148.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 172148.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 136
Your share name is wrong because you are no longer using guest login. You should be using \\192.168.1.1\Cloud or \\ASUS\Cloud

P.S. I suggest you turn off the WINS server as that is obsolete.

WOW. It worked as you said. THANKS a lot Colin!!!!!

But now, my question is how to map the drive with a user which has access to all folders? For example with my admin users.

But now, my question is how to map the drive with a user which has access to all folders? For example with my admin users.
You can't. You have to map the shares individually when not using guest login mode. It's just the way Asus have implemented it. Yes it's stupid, but there you are. You could create a custom script to change the share to be the whole drive (I'm not sure about the permissions though) but it wouldn't be reflected in the GUI.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!