What's new

RT-AC86U WiFi Issued since 386.9

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EMERSON VIER

Occasional Visitor
My WiFi is connected but there is no Internet, the cable is still working well, I have had it since the 386.9, now 386.12 any suggestions, please....

*Edit - I have been updating my device by every version, not jumping from 386.9 to 386.12, and never did a full reset on my device.

Enable Smart Connect - ON
2.4 GHz - Channel bandwidth - 20Hz
Control Channel - Auto

Last edited:
That is a huge jump from xxx.9 to xxx.12 firmware.

You may need to do a full reset and a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Do not use a saved backup config file afterward. Do not insert any USB drive that was previously used for amtm/scripts unless you first format the drive on a PC to NTFS format.

That is a huge jump from xxx.9 to xxx.12 firmware.

You may need to do a full reset and a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Do not use a saved backup config file afterward. Do not insert any USB drive that was previously used for amtm/scripts unless you first format the drive on a PC to NTFS format.
I have been updating my device with every version, not jumping from 386.9 to 386.12, and never did a full reset on my device.

Last edited:
Still seems like a full reset is necessary to me (fastest possible solution - less than 15 minutes if you have a current pdf or screenshots of your settings.

Someone else may jump in here and offer another possible solution. Hope you don't have to wait too long if so.

any suggestions, please...

Try with reset, but plan replacing the router. This model is known for common hardware issues. One of them is failing radios.

Current Asuswrt-Merlin firmware versions are 386.xx.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!