What's new

RT-AC86U WiFi issues with 386.2_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mfkr

New Around Here
Hi,
I updated my firmware to 386.2_4 using the procedure described by L&LD here about two weeks ago. The router was running fine for the last year or so, with multiple updates from 384.x.
All was fine until last week. Wifi clients started losing internet connection, some of them started losing Wifi completely. Yesterday my LG TV lost Wifi, and when I went into settings, it complained that the password is incorrect.

There are multiple entries in system log:
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth6: Disassoc MAC_ADDRESS, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind MACADDRESS, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0

I have disabled Multi-User MIMO for both bands, but it didn't help.

Any ideas what it could be?

Hi,
I updated my firmware to 386.2_4 using the procedure described by L&LD here about two weeks ago. The router was running fine for the last year or so, with multiple updates from 384.x.
All was fine until last week. Wifi clients started losing internet connection, some of them started losing Wifi completely. Yesterday my LG TV lost Wifi, and when I went into settings, it complained that the password is incorrect.

There are multiple entries in system log:
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth6: Disassoc MAC_ADDRESS, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind MACADDRESS, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0

I have disabled Multi-User MIMO for both bands, but it didn't help.

Any ideas what it could be?

I wonder if you were to try the Latest stock firmware from ASUS (that mitigates the FrAg vulnerability) and run it for awhile if you would still be experiencing the drops.

Also had wifi clients losing wifi after upgrading to 386.1_0 version from 384. Factory default reset was the solution. But you must have done that as advised by L&LD?
I also upgraded to the first 386.X version (386.1_0) before jumping to the latest 386.2_4.

There are at least a dozen other threads about AC86U WiFi issues after updating.
I wonder if it depends on hardware version.
My router has a sticker on the back that says
HW Ver.: R1.5
Production Year: 2018

I have been facing this same issue for quite some time with one of my Tasmota (esp3288 from Espressif board) devices. I have a mesh with ac-86u primary, and ac-3100 node. 2 other Tasmota near 3100 work just fine, one sitting 10 inches from main router acts up. All of them connect to guest networks which is dedicated only in 2.4GHz. My main SSID is bridging 2.4 and 5GHZ with smart connect.

One thing I have noticed is if I force a wifi stack reset by removing the guest wifi and re-adding it usually fixes it until few days later for one thing or other one of them reboot. So now I have two guest networks (first one synced over mesh) and second just on main router. Each time I hit the issue I just toggle the second ssid. so far its working..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!