What's new

[RT-AC87U] Missing clients in client list, + more issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thomasx

New Around Here
Hi

On my RT-AC87U, some wifi connected deviced are not showing in the client list. For instance a sonos speaker currently playing music stored on a Synology NAS connected with ethernet LAN is not showing in the list.

Also, when watching the list, it keeps reloading showing a various number of clients each time. Sometimes 9, sometimes 4, sometimes 14, etc.

Also, when playing music stored on the NAS on the Sonos speaker, I often get errors like the Sonos can not be found, or it can't find the path to the NAS. It can be playing and suddenly it says it can't connect, and the next second it works again.

It's the same both with the original firmware and Merlin.

I tried to replace my RT-AC87U router temporarily with a Unifi router, and then there where no such issues. So I'm pretty confident it is router issues.

I also often have problems with the printer, a HP wifi printer. Sending some pages to print and they come out fine. Suddenly one print is just "stuck" in the print que even though everything looks fine in the network, suddenly 10 minutes later the page prints.

Any ideas why I have these problems, and what to do to get rid of them?

Thanks

Reactions: thc