1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[RT-AC87U] Missing clients in client list, + more issues.

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Thomasx, Jan 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Thomasx

Thomasx New Around Here

Hi

On my RT-AC87U, some wifi connected deviced are not showing in the client list. For instance a sonos speaker currently playing music stored on a Synology NAS connected with ethernet LAN is not showing in the list.

Also, when watching the list, it keeps reloading showing a various number of clients each time. Sometimes 9, sometimes 4, sometimes 14, etc.

Also, when playing music stored on the NAS on the Sonos speaker, I often get errors like the Sonos can not be found, or it can't find the path to the NAS. It can be playing and suddenly it says it can't connect, and the next second it works again.

It's the same both with the original firmware and Merlin.

I tried to replace my RT-AC87U router temporarily with a Unifi router, and then there where no such issues. So I'm pretty confident it is router issues.

I also often have problems with the printer, a HP wifi printer. Sending some pages to print and they come out fine. Suddenly one print is just "stuck" in the print que even though everything looks fine in the network, suddenly 10 minutes later the page prints.

Any ideas why I have these problems, and what to do to get rid of them?

Thanks

thc likes this.
  2. dexter94

dexter94 Occasional Visitor

Yes the client list bug i have it too....