What's new

RT-AC88U + 4G Slow Internet Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skypx

Regular Contributor
I have been using 4G internet with a RT-AC88U for a few months. Everything works great after a router reboot, but after a few hours wired and wireless internet slows to about 27Mbps. I normally get about 100Mbps and I can't figure out why its slowing down.

This is what I have done so far;

1. Reset the RT-AC88U and manually setup with firmware 3.0.0.4.384_45717.
2. Changed the USB cable between router and phone (Galaxy S8).
3. Updated phone to the latest available firmware.

I have tried everything that I know, but internet speed still slows down. One thing I noticed during the slow down I am getting a large number of the following messages in the system log;

Aug 8 15:13:03 dnsmasq[267]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted

I have Googled/searched the forum but I can't find anything that relates to my internet slow down issue. I really need some help.

Please give up on this issue. I had informed Asus 2 years back on (RT-AC88U) and they don't have any intention to fix it.
It was "For advertising only" feature and never intended to work as expected.

Please give up on this issue. I had informed Asus 2 years back on (RT-AC88U) and they don't have any intention to fix it.
It was "For advertising only" feature and never intended to work as expected.

Ok...... I was thinking it has to be a known issue, but I just couldn't find any mention of it in the forums. Thanks.

Did you get 4G internet to work properly with any other router?

Ok...... I was thinking it has to be a known issue, but I just couldn't find any mention of it in the forums. Thanks.

Did you get 4G internet to work properly with any other router?
I have upgraded to RT-AX88U. I actually haven't tried it yet on this model. I don't have any intentions to try either.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!