What's new

RT-AC88U firmware 3.0.0.4.380_2345 issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fizix

Occasional Visitor
I updated to the 3.0.0.4.380_2345 firmware about two weeks ago. It seems relatively stable, but I have had a weird issue.

My local machines have OpenDNS set as our DNS and the router is also set to point to these.

Three times now, it suddenly would to send all links to the the default gateway address (i.e. attempts to open the router's management page asking for username and password).

It doesn't matter what the link is - Google, Amazon, FoxNews, etc. it opens 192.168.1.1 (my router's address).

If I do a hard boot via the switch it rights itself.

Anyone else experience this issue or have any solutions or thoughts?

I have only had this happen one more time. It seems to be after it has failed over and I access the router pages. It is not consistent though.

Anyone?

Did you try updating to the latest firmware?
I did update once, but not to the very latest version, since it goes past the no-return mark. I am waiting for a little more feedback from others before making the jump.

I just did not know if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks for the reply

I did update once, but not to the very latest version, since it goes past the no-return mark. I am waiting for a little more feedback from others before making the jump.

I just did not know if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks for the reply
The latest Asus firmware works well for me. No issues. I think you will be fine if you make the jump.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!