What's new

RT-AC88U Internet is at "Check Connection" status all the time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

swanlee

Occasional Visitor
Internet status:
Check Connection.

Odd since the last firmware update my router is showing "Check Connection" Status for the internet. router has been a bit more flakey lately. Anyway to fix this?

The internet works but like I said wifi has been dropping more than usual lately nd I'm wondering if this is the reason why.

These Asus fimware updates used to be uneventful. Not anymore! Go back to earlier or try flashing it again.

I don't see this problem here... I got this once from an older firmware. A reboot was enough to fix it. Otherwise try to start clean. Reset to default and load manually your settings (do not use a saved backup).

Internet status:
Check Connection.

Odd since the last firmware update my router is showing "Check Connection" Status for the internet. router has been a bit more flakey lately. Anyway to fix this?

The internet works but like I said wifi has been dropping more than usual lately nd I'm wondering if this is the reason why.

I'm also facing this "Check connection..." message after flashing the latest firmware...i did a factory reset and it's still the same...
but since my wifi is still smooth, i didn't bother much about it...

I just checked and I'm also facing this issue. Everything seems to run ok, will just leave it for now. Hopefully, the next firmware update will resolve this.

I'm also facing this "Check connection..." message after flashing the latest firmware...i did a factory reset and it's still the same...
but since my wifi is still smooth, i didn't bother much about it...

Unfortunately for me I do not have internet access. My WiFi is working but no Internet access. I had to downgrade.

RT-AC88U
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_7743 (working version)

Any relation to your kind of ISP? For instance, could it be a bug with aDSL and the "always on" feature?

My Asus RT-AC88U FW version 3.0.0.4.382_15850 shows "Internet Status: Check Connection..." even as Internet connectivity for all my network clients appears to work just fine -- both hard-wired and Wi-Fi. I'm a TWC/Spectrum subscriber.
Though Internet connectivity seems to work okay, I don't like the error -- it's kind of like having a flashing red light going, all the time. It's just unsettling.
I'll greatly appreciate comments from others who may have encountered and resolved this message.

Last edited:
I had the same "error" on the latest official firmware. It only went back to saying connected when i switched to Merlin 382.1 beta 3

Exact same error here :(
WIFI : OK
ETHERNET : NOK
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.382_15850

I was about to change my motherboard. As WiFi works, I suspected the Ethernet port on my motherboard to be faulty.

edit: just tried the previous firmware, same behavior.

Asus OMG...

After several factory resets, firmware versions and configuration modifications, I decided to by Linksys ea9500 router.
I'm so pissed of at ASUS who obviously don't give a f (different versions are impacted since several years).
I will try and see if Linksys is more reliable.
Good luck to you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!